Thursday, 9 August 2012

Carcharodons Astra aka Space Sharks: Scout Biker Squad

Today's post is a unit I finished very recently for the Carcharodons Astra army I'm working on - a small unit of Scout Bikers. These guys were released with the 5th edition Space Marines codex, and went from zero to hero overnight. In the current codex they have lots of options for weapons and upgrades, and this is reflected in a very nice multi-part plastic kit.

As with all of the Space Sharks, I decided to use deck-plating/starship flooring bases - the idea is that the army is assaulting a starship. By using the same type of bases across the whole army, I hoped to create a more cohesive look.




Again, as with the rest of the army, light weathering was done with a sponge and Vallejo Charred Brown. I then added MIG pigments to the wheels and undercarriage - it's quite a subtle, but works well. Chapter badges came from the FW Space Sharks decal sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment