Tuesday, 1 January 2013

Happy New Year: New Tyranid Project

Happy New Year all. Let's hope that 2012 will be a better one...

Today's post is to showcase the beginnings of a new commission project that I have previously mentioned. I'm building and painting up 2000 points of Tyranids, featuring plenty of gants, tervigons, a tyrant, carnifexes and much more... The project doesn't have a strict timescale so I'll be taking each unit in my stride, but my first goal is to paint up the gants.


 
The plan with these models was to paint them to a good standard, but using a scheme which could be replicated on 60+ gants. I chose to focus on the carapaces, where the bright blues can be quite striking. The skin tones were kept quite muted in contrast (they look brighter in real life though). For the monstrous creatures and bigger beasts, I will be working up the skin tones to an even brighter shade.
 

1 comment: