Sunday, 20 January 2013

"I got signals all around - they're coming out of the walls!"

I'm starting to have nightmares about Tyranids. Those carapaces, claws and eyes...

That's what happens when you paint up 40+ gaunts! Today's post is to show the next group of Tyranids I've painted up. My client has an army with two Tervigons, so a healthy supply of termagants is essential.



As before, I chose to concentrate on the carapaces in terms of detail - with the skin tones relying on washes and a single highlight layer. I think this works well; I'm going to reserve more extensive skin highlights for the larger beasts. To add more detail to the bases, I used some vegetation tufts and some static grass.

I'm going to take a break from termagants for now - I have another 16 to do - and should shortly start work on one of the monstrous creatures.

And here is a group shot of all of the gaunts I've painted so far - I particularly like how their carapaces are so striking from a tabletop-distance.


Next up will be a personal project - I couldn't resist getting a Nephilim Jetfighter for my new Ravenwing project...

No comments:

Post a Comment