Friday, 22 March 2013

One and a half Tervigons done....

I'v just finished the first of three Tervigons for a Tyranid commission I'm painting. These are excellent examples of the newer-style GW plastic kits, and are great fun to build and paint.






It's difficult to see properly on these shots (my lighting is suffering badly due to the appalling weather here in the UK!), but the little gang bursting out of the egg sac is slathered in water effects. This is a nice and messy way to recreate a little gunk for the newly-born critter...

The second Tervigon is in process - as you can see, the constituent parts are now painted up and awaiting assembly.


So, that's what I have been painting recently - next up will be more Tyranids, a Belial commission, then (I hope) some Ravenwing...

2 comments:

  1. Great work on these. Some of your best I've seen so far.
    Really like those bases...Secret weapon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words! You've guessed right on the bases - they are Secret Weapon bases ("alien hive" I think is the name)

      Delete