Friday, 5 July 2013

Monster Mash: Finished Tyranid Army


It's taken a few months, but I've finally finished the Tyranid commission. There have bee a few projects running alongside the 'Nids, but this has been my main painting focus since January. 

It was a lot of fun to build and paint, although I'm quite sure I never want to glue another gant together again! It highlights a competitive but also fun army to play, relying on lots of monstrous creatures but also many gants. Those tervigons are capable of laying down a literal carpet of critters, hopefully enough to tie up enemy infantry whilst the bigger beasts move on key targets...


Weighing it at 2000 points, the army includes 8 monstrous creatures (9 if you include the Mycetic Spore).


The highlight for me was probably the Flyrant, but the Tervigons were also an interesting painting challenge. I would finally recommend the Secret Weapon bases - they also tie in well with the spore pod from Chapterhouse Studios.

Now, on to my next project - a small Tau army!

3 comments:

  1. Nice job on the 'Nids. Give yourself a pat on the back for finishing those beasts, you deserve it!

    -Tarvick

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was excited to uncover this web site. I want to to thank you for your time for this fantastic read!!
    -
    Professional Painters|Trash Removal Boston|Carpentry service Boston

    ReplyDelete