Sunday, 29 June 2014

Tyranids: Venomthrope

Today I managed to photograph the next model in this project - a Venomthrope.


This is another fine cast model, and as such some of the sculpting is quite rough in places. I had to fix up the poison balloons on the carapace, but the model worked out very nicely I think.


I used water effects and gloss varnish on the balloons, and used a turquoise wash on the inner stacks.


There is not much space for patterning on this model, but I used what areas I could to show the same patterns as the rest of this hive fleet.


So, only have a Broodlord, some spore mines, and then some minor touch ups left to do - hoping to get this project wrapped up shortly.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice mate - the blue goes great as a spot colour on the carapace.

    ReplyDelete