Sunday, 2 November 2014

Batman Miniatures Game: Rorschach of the Watchmen

Such little time for painting recently! I've been working hard on lot of other projects, and have had even less time to photograph what I've painted!

Today I managed to picture Rorschach, aka Walter Kovacs, of the Watchmen band.

As with almost every Batman miniature I've purchased so far, this figure was great fun to paint.


I went with a fairly traditional Watchman colour scheme. The trousers are a deep purple colour (mixture of Abaddon Black and Daemonette Hide), but I chose to leave off the pin-strips that Knight Models has on the website version.


The Rorschach "blot" on the mask was interesting to paint; I used Nuln Oil to add a pattern, then added an Abaddon Black pattern inside that.


Knight Models do fabrics really well; the detail on this coat was a pleasure to paint!


The skulls on the base are some old resin bits I bought from Black Cat some years back. I thought that they fit the "nuclear apocalypse" vibe of the movie and comic. Overall, very pleased with this miniature.


Next up will be some more Batman Miniatures Game models - Robin and Black Widow!

2 comments:

  1. Can you tell me what colours you used?
    specifically for the coat but a full list would be great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's see if I can help...

      The coat is:

      1. Rhinox Brown base
      2. Agrax Earthshade wash into recesses
      3. Mournfang Brown layered over the Rhinox
      4. Mournfang Brown mixed with Deathblow Brown as a highlight

      The trousers were the old Hormagaunt Purple as a base, with the old Leviathan Purple as a wash. I then mixed Hormagaunt with Screaming Skull and did a couple of highlights.

      The facemask and scarf are Tallarn Sand, washed into the recesses with Agrax Earthshade again, then highlighted with Screaming Skull and (on the scarf) a pure white.

      The patterns on the facemask were fun to do: I used Nuln Oil to mark then out, then filled them in with Abaddon Black.

      Delete