Sunday, 1 February 2015

Knight Models: Wonder Woman

More Knight Models today, and a miniature that I managed to finish painting over the Christmas break. 

As well as the Batman Miniatures Game, Knight Models has also produced several other DC and Marvel models which don't have rules (as yet). The include some of the more "superpowered" DC line, which might be a bit to powerful in BMG, such as Superman and Wonder Woman. 

I knew that I wanted to collect the Wonder Woman figure as soon as she was released, as the model is so nice. I'd been putting off painting her though, because I want the time to do a really good job. All in all, I think that she worked out okay although there are a couple of aspects that didn't go quite as planned...


As with many KM female models (except for Poison Ivy, which I posted last week), Wonder Woman is quite slender. She is perhaps not as thin as some of the female miniatures, but I'd have personally preferred to slightly curvier sculpt.

She wears the "New 52" version of the WW outfit, which is perfectly fine (I know some fans are quite opposed to the revised superhero costumes, so this is a point worth mentioning). I'd have preferred a "classic" WW - a Lynda Carter sculpt would've been great! - but the overall costume and pose is excellent.


The main gripe with this miniature? It has to be the sword. It is very thin, and likely to bend or break if you're using your KM models for gaming. I slightly distorted the sword blade to my model whilst cleaning off some flash; I corrected this, but from some angles the blade still looks a little warped.


Whilst I think that the pose is nice, a less damage-prone sculpt would've been fine with me.

Even so, a great model that I really enjoyed painting and building. I did notice one further thing: and that's how Poison Ivy Mk 2 (comic book version) seems to be very tall compared to the rest of the range.


Notice how WW is not as tall as Poison Ivy? I found that a little weird; I'd always envisaged Wonder Woman as being one of the tallest super heroines. No big deal, but again worth mentioning.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the Super Hero lineup of models, I must say.
    Nice to see a license like this handled well.
    Watching Prodos Games screw up Aliens vs. Predator has been painful so far, and I'm still not even sure what the release date is...
    Sometime in 2015...
    Yay.
    -_-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Knight Models are doing a great job. I'm just waiting on the preorder of my rulebook, and the new Swamp Thing model is amazing!

      Delete