Sunday, 8 November 2015

Age of Sigmar: Stormcast Lord Celestant on Dracoth

Today I finished the last model of the Stormcast army from the Age of Sigmar starter set. This was the best model by a long way, and I'd been looking forward to painting it up!


This is a really nice miniature, literally dripping with detail! The Dracoth itself is a formidable mount, with lots of character, and the Lord Celestant is an awesome focal point for the army.


I made the very bad decision to build the model before painting it... This is something that I always try to avoid doing, but found myself doing with the Sigmar set. That made some areas of the model difficult to reach with my brush. I'd recommend you leave the rider off to avoid making the same error!


The cape is nicely sculpted and takes highlighting and layering really well.


The barding and other armour is simple to highlight with the new gold range. Overall, a great model that I'd definitely recommend.


2 comments:

  1. what color did you use for dracoths skin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Base coat was Stegadon Scale Green, washed with Nuln Oil, then dry brushed with The Fang, finally a very fine dry brush with Fenris Grey (or Blue? the very light one). The belly and head also have markings done with Ushabti Bone and Screaming Skull

      Delete